There are many ways you can help homeless bullies and other pets!
- Always adopt from a shelter or rescue and encourage your friends and family to do so, as well
- If you can’t adopt, consider fostering a dog temporarily until they find a home. Most rescues will pay the food and medical costs while a foster pet is in your care.
- Spay and neuter your pets
- Volunteer at your local rescue or shelter. Volunteering can include everything from cleaning kennels and walking dogs to helping out at fundraising/adoption events to grant writing, public relations or website development.
- Donate to your local rescue or shelter – which are always in need of funds and items such as dog food, treats, toys, and blankets
- If you like to drive, offer to transport for your local rescue, which often pull dogs from shelters in other counties or even across the state or the country.
To find an adoptable pet or a shelter or rescue in your community, visit:
Pit Bull Rescue Central is a nationwide online directory that offers advice on everything from what to do if you find a stray pit bull to how to post private party pit bull adoptions or find an adoptable pit bull in your community.